Asian Peanut Noodles
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed tight
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh crushed ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Asian chili sauce (optional)
- 2 stalks of green onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound of noodles (udon, soba, spaghetti)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- veggies (ex.broccoli, red bell pepper, snap peas, etc.) and cooked meat/seafood (ex. shrimp, chicken, tofu, etc.) of your choice (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together the first seven (or eight) ingredients. You want the peanut butter to be completely blended into the rest of the sauce.
When the water starts to boil, add your noodles and cook according to package directions for al dente. Drain and let cool for a couple minutes.
Transfer the noodles to a large bowl and add half of the peanut sauce. Use tongs to gently mix in the sauce to evenly coat the noodles. Keep adding sauce gradually until it is at the consistency you desire.
Add the sesame seeds, veggies and meats. Toss gently to combine.
Serve warm or cold.