Israeli couscous. You can find other recipes in this blog that use these wonderful ingredients. There is also another version of an Israeli couscous salad I made a few months back.
If these ingredients aren't accessible, you can always use orzo instead of the Israeli couscous and grill up your own veggies.
I will be eating this all summer!
Israeli Couscous Salad With Roasted Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp (21-25 per pound size); deveined, shells removed but tails left on; rinsed in cold water and dried well with paper towels
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 8 oz (1/2 lb) of Israeli couscous or orzo, cooked according to package directions and allowed to cool
- juice of 1 medium-sized lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- package of Trader Joe's frozen grilled eggplant and zucchini (or 2 cups of grilled veggies of your choice); defrosted, drained and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup of feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
In a medium mixing bowl, drizzle the shrimp with olive oil, add the garlic and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Then spread out your shrimp onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
When the oven has reached 450 degrees, roast them in the oven for 6-7 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove from the oven and set aside.
In a large serving bowl whisk the olive oil and lemon juice together. Add the couscous, grilled veggies and shrimp and fold together gently until just combined, over-mixing will make everything clump and get pasty. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the feta and pine nuts evenly on top.