Well tonight was the night.
I did my usual tweaking and it turned out fantastic. I served it over some whole butter lettuce leaves on individual plates. The next time I make this (there will definitely be a next time!) I am going to put it between some good bread like a chicken salad. Or into a roll like a lobster roll. Truly delicious if you like this type of creamy salad.
Roasted Shrimp Salad
Revised by Foodism Mom from the Barefoot Contessa recipenocoupons
- 2 lbs (20-25 count) shrimp; peeled, deveined, rinsed in cold water and dried very well with paper towels
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise
- zest of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2/3 tablespoon good white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill (feathery leaves only)
- 2 tablespoons small-diced red onion
- 1 cup celery, small-diced (about 2 stalks)
When the shrimp have cooled down but are still warm, add them to the sauce and toss. Add the dill, celery and red onion and toss well. The flavors will improve if you allow the salad to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Otherwise, chill and serve at room temperature.