I had some boneless and skinless chicken breasts ready to go for dinner tonight. The problem was, I had no idea what to do with it. Chicken is a great ingredient because it's like a blank canvas; its simplicity marries well with almost any flavor. That simplicity though can make it BORING.
So today I found myself bored. Bored of chicken. Bored of all of the poultry recipes I've accumulated. I needed something daring and interesting. Perhaps putting a little surprise in it...literally.
I searched the refrigerator for items I could stuff the breasts with. I found goat cheese, a handful of mushrooms, some shallots and fresh basil leaves. Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of cremini mushrooms, chopped fine (food processor or mini chopper works well)
- 1 large shallot, chopped fine (food processor or mini chopper works well)
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz softened goat cheese
- 6 large basil leaves, julienned
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breast, rinsed in cold water and dried well with paper towels
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large oven-proof pan over medium-high heat. When oil is very hot, add the chicken breasts, pretty side down. Sear undisturbed for about 4 minutes.
:) You're hilarious!!ReplyDelete
PS I think I'll make this tonight!