This afternoon, the kids and I made some Raisin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies. They were amazing! A nice change from our usual chocolate chip.
Raisin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together into a medium bowl. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the oats, raisins, and pecans and mix just until combined.