Chocolate Chip Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 extra-large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp toasted flaxseed (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
DirectionsPreheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or an electric hand mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add the egg and the vanilla.
Sift the flour, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together into a medium bowl. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the oats and pecans and mix just until combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.