The ingredients come together beautifully. It's really quite genius...and hardly a sacrifice. Yum!!!
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 1 to 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium red potato; peeled or unpeeled, cooked and diced large
- 1/4 lb haricot verts (or regular green beans), blanched
- 1/4 lb cherry or grape tomatoes
- small head of butter lettuce (7 oz bag of ready to use); washed, dried and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 jumbo eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
- 2 x 5 oz cans of solid tuna in oil, drained of oil
Add all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until everything emulsifies and thickens. Set aside.
Place all the salad ingredients into a large serving bowl. I like to keep everything separated. It gives it a nice presentation and you can really see what is in the salad. Start with the lettuce on the bottom and layer the rest of the ingredients on top, in sections.
Serve with the dressing on the side.