One short cut I take when making the pot pie is using a frozen pie crust. If you find a really good one, it can be almost as good as making one from scratch. Big time saver too, leaving you more time to spend with your family!
Chicken Pot Pie
- 3 cups roasted chicken meat, 1/2 to 3/4 inch dice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped small
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 large carrots; peeled, medium-diced, blanched for 2 minutes
- 1 cup organic frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 frozen pie crust, thawed out
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.