Last week I made the turkey chili and of course had to have corn bread to go with it. The corn bread muffins I made had buttermilk in them. I can only find large 16 oz containers of buttermilk at the stores and my recipes seem to always call for a small amount. What to do with almost 3 cups of leftover buttermilk? This morning it was buttermilk pancakes. I understand that most of us parents are often groggy and sleep deprived every morning. Pancakes made from scratch is hardly something you want to take on when you feel like the undead. This morning I was up for it. I found a great Martha Stewart recipe but didn't have quite enough buttermilk. I added regular whole milk to make up the amount and they turned out great. The recipe makes way more than my family can eat so I just froze the rest for future breakfasts. Thanks, Martha!!!
Best Buttermilk Pancakes
The key to fluffy pancakes is not to overmix the batter; it should not be beaten smooth. If serving these pancakes with bacon, reserve half a teaspoon of bacon drippings to grease the griddle instead of butter.
Makes nine 6-inch pancakes
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 tablespoons sugar
* 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 3 cups buttermilk
* 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus 1/2 teaspoon for griddle
1. Heat griddle to 375 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, and 4 tablespoons butter; whisk to combine. Batter should have small to medium lumps.
2. Heat oven to 175 degrees. Test griddle by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. If water bounces and spatters off griddle, it is hot enough. Using a pastry brush, brush remaining 1/2 teaspoon of butter or reserved bacon fat onto griddle. Wipe off excess.
3. Using a 4-ounce ladle, about 1/2 cup, pour pancake batter, in pools 2 inches away from one other. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 1/2 minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
4. Repeat with remaining batter, keeping finished pancakes on a heatproof plate in oven. Serve warm.
From Martha Stewart Living, January 2001
just information we only provide information for those who need itReplyDelete
A. obat telat datang bulan
B. posisi berhubungan agar cepat hamil
C. makanan dan minuman agar cepat hamil
D. panduan agar cepat hamil
E. cara agar cepat hamil
F. cara agar cepat hamil setelah selesai haid
G. cara alami untuk segera mendapat kehamilan