Roasted Eggplant Dip
Revised by Foodism Mom from a recipe by Ina Garten
- 1 medium/large eggplant, peeled (about 4 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more if you like it really spicy!)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tbsp of toasted flax seeds (optional)
DirectionsPreheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes. Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, cayenne, one teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet.
Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the lemon juice and tahini, and pulse 3 or 4 times to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste if necessary. Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle toasted flax seeds on top (optional) and add serve with warmed up flat bread or pita triangles.
Post a Comment