Here is how I made the sangria from the other night. I added a decent amount of ginger ale for sweetness and some fizz. A lovely adult beverage on a scorching hot autumn day in L.A.. It came out pretty good I think.
- 1 bottle of good or at least drinkable red wine
- 1 lemon cut, washed and halved and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 orange, washed and halved and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 large apple; washed, cored and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 3 cups ginger ale (if you prefer it sweeter like me) or club soda
Refrigerate for at least a few hours or overnight.
Add ginger ale/club soda and stir just before serving.
Serve over ice.