It was a fantastic night. They have the most darling twin boys a little older than my son. A few other families joined. There were dads grilling meat and drinking beers. There were many small children running around in costumes, screaming with delight. Us moms sipped on sangria and talked about our kids, future careers and travel. It was beautiful. Thank you, Sammons Family!!!
Southwestern Couscous Salad
- 1 cup dried couscous, cooked according to package directions (try cooking with chicken broth instead of water for more flavor)
- 1/2 red bell pepper; cleaned, seeded, diced small
- 1/4 red onion, diced small
- 15 oz can corn kernels (or fresh if you have it!), rinsed and drained well
- 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained well
- a handful of cilantro, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk the olive oil and lime juice together in a small bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, add the cooked couscous, red bell pepper, onion, corn, black beans and cilantro. Pour the olive oil and lime juice over the ingredients and mix the ingredients with a large spoon until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.