It's such a light but satisfying meal. The flavors are so vibrant, they really do scream "Spring is here!"
Salmon in Lemon Brodetto with Pea Puree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (I don't always add these)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 (4 to 6-ounce) pieces salmon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
To make the Pea Puree, combine the peas, mint, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor and puree. With the machine running, add the olive oil in a steady drizzle. Transfer the pea puree to a small bowl and stir in the Parmesan. Set aside.
To make the Salmon, warm the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Season the salmon pieces with salt and pepper. Sear the salmon until a golden crust forms, about 4 to 5 minutes on the first side. Flip the fish and continue cooking until medium-rare, about 2 minutes more depending on the thickness of the fish.
To assemble the dish, add the tablespoon chopped mint to the Lemon Brodetto and divide between 4 shallow dishes.