It was a little Mexican, a little Southwestern. A whole lotta yum! The Cotija cheese and black beans really made it a complete meal.
Southwestern Couscous Salad
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8oz. of dried Israeli couscous; cooked according to package directions; set aside to cool; orzo could work
- 2 large organic Roma tomatoes; large dice
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- 8 oz can whole corn kernels, drained well
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1/3 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (optional), chopped fine
In a large bowl, add the cooked couscous, tomatoes, cucumber, corn and black beans (and cilantro if you like). Pour the dressing on top and use a large spoon to gently fold everything together. Season to taste with more salt and pepper if needed. When you are ready to serve, sprinkle the Cotija cheese on top.
YUM! I love Israeli couscous, and this looks like an easy, yummy way to serve it. Leave out the cheese and it's cleanse-friendly! :-)ReplyDelete