Foil Roasted Salmon
- 1 lb piece boneless salmon (preferably wild)about 1 inch thick, rinsed in cold water and dried well with paper towel
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp, minced garlic
- 1 large lemon, sliced 1/3 inch thick
- fresh herbs, I used a small branch of rosemary and some stems of lemon thyme
Place salmon in the center of a large piece of foil, flesh side up. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper.
Add the butter and garlic into a bowl and mix until blended. Evenly spread onto the salmon. Place the lemon slices on top of the now buttered fish. Put the fresh herbs directly onto the lemon.
Place on a baking sheet or dish and put into the oven. Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes (depending on the thickness). Then remove from the oven and let sit for about 5 minutes.