This salad is inspired by something my friend Julie made me once and is similar to a salad that I love. It is so fresh, delicious and filling.
I am trying to substitute couscous, rice and other pastas with quinoa every now and then. With bathing suit season approaching, less carbs and more protein couldn't hurt right?
- 1 cup of quinoa (try tri-color), cooked according to package directions (about 3 cups when cooked)
- bunch of asparagus (about 15 stalks); tips trimmed then grilled or roasted (tender but still crunchy)and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large avocado, large dice
- grape or cherry tomatoes, washed and sliced in half
- 7 oz container of bocconcini fresh mozzarella balls, drained and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper